This 1 hour One to One Online Sourdough Masterclass, which comes complete with its own Sourdough kit, including a rye starter, 1kg bread flour, proving basket, dough scraper & a scoring lame, is a great way to start your Sourdough bread-making journey in the comforts of your own home.
Book a spot for yourself or several spots for you and your partner, family, teammates or friends.
- Location: Zoom Video (attendees should be located in our delivery zone to be able to receive their Sourdough Kits.)
- Host: Emily Caron, founder of Good In Bread
- Length of class: 60 minutes
- Availability: Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm
- Kit delivery & masterclass dates: Select a delivery date in the calendar at checkout to receive your Sourdough starter kit. This will need to be at least 3 days before your chosen masterclass date. The team will be in touch shortly after you’ve placed your order to arrange the date & time for your masterclass.
About the host: Emily Caron is the founder of Good In Bread, and has obtained her Master Baker certification from the Boulangerie Programme at Le Cordon Bleu London.
What’s included in this class:
- A complete Sourdough Masterclass kit
- An introduction to Sourdough bread-making techniques
- An intro to making and maintaining your own starter
- A brief overview of Sourdough’s nutritional benefits
- ‘Ask me anything’ during & up to 1 week after the class has occurred
Enclosed in your Sourdough Masterclass kit:
- 20g rye starter
- 50g dark rye flour
- Ground semolina or polenta
- 150g strong white bread flour for levain
- 795g strong white bread flour for bread dough
- Bread lame
- Dough scraper
- Round wicker basket
Other ingredients / equipment you’ll need at home…
- Fine sea salt
- Electronic scale
- Tea towel or linen cloth
- Large jar or container with a lid
- Cast iron pot or hot oven stone
- Water spray (optional)
- Thermometer (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
How it works:
You will require access to Zoom video calling and a webcam. The day before the event you will be sent a Zoom link via email. If you have not received your Zoom link, please drop Emily a line at [email protected]
Emily will email the recipe & instructions a few days before the event.
Cancellations and no shows:
Please inform us at least 48 hours in advance if you aren’t able to attend the class and we will be able to re-arrange a class at a later date. We can only offer a 50% refund on cancellations of the entire order if you no longer are able to attend.