Spooky Pumpkin French Toast
As halloween approaches we have the perfect breakfast receipe to start the day off the spooky way. We hope you loaf it!
French Toast Batter
4 Eggs, beaten
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 ‘loaf handles’ Sourdough brioche, sliced into 1″ thick slices
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, slightly softened
2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
Icing sugar, for sprinkling
Maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk eggs and combine with milk, pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt. Place brioche slices into the pumpkin custard mixture and let soak, about 30 seconds per side.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook 2 slices brioche at a time until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook all slices.
- Make pumpkin butter: in a medium bowl, whip together softened butter with pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and a pinch of salt until light and fluffy.
- Top French toast with pumpkin butter, sprinkle with icing sugar, and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Enjoy your delicious halloween creation!