Celebrating Asparagus Season With 3 Recipes On Sourdough Toast!
We love celebrating British seasonal vegetables. Join us as we celebrate Asparagus season this month!
And what better way to incorporate them into our diet than on a crunchy piece of Sourdough toast! We think it’s a great way to support local farmers AND reduce bread waste at home.
‘Asparagus On Toast’ Recipe 1:
We love them roasted in the oven, on a bed of creamy scrambled eggs and a sprinkle of chives & almond flakes on Sourdough toast.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Cut stems & drizzle asparagus with olive oil salt & pepper and place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scramble 2 eggs in a medium heat pan, seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Slice one piece of bread and put it in the toaster.
- Throw a handful of almond flakes into a pan and toast until golden brown.
- Add your layer of scrambled eggs on top of the toast, then a handful of your roasted asparagus on top of your eggs.
- Chop & sprinkle fresh chives. Then top with toasted almond flakes.
- Try this one at home with your Loaf Of The Week, the Overnight Oat ‘Hearty Loaf’ for a healthy and tasty dish full of vitamin K, A, C & beautiful
‘Asparagus On Toast’ Recipe 2:
In this week’s Sourdough toast recipe, our seasonal asparagus get roasted in the oven again. But this time, we enjoy them on some smashed avocado, sweet garden peas, crumbled feta cheese and a dusting of sunflower seeds on toasted Sourdough toast for a nutritious and summery dish that’s done and dusted in a couple of easy steps.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Cut the stems & drizzle asparagus with olive oil salt & pepper and place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast one slice of Sourdough White Country ‘True Loaf’.
- Boil your peas for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Smash one half of an avocado and spread it across your slice of Sourdough.
- Gently place your roasted asparagus on top of the avocado.
- Sprinkle on top your peas, your crumbled feta cheese. Then top with your sunflower seeds.
- Try this one at home with your Loaf Of The Week, the White Country ‘True Loaf’.
‘Asparagus On Toast’ Recipe 3:
A nutritious & balanced brunch recipe for the whole family, made with seasonal asparagus, smoked salmon and poached eggs. It’s got the good stuff & the wow factor all in one toast-full! Dress it with a squeeze of lemon & a sprinkle of dill for the summery touch.
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 250g asparagus bunch, woody ends snapped off
- 100g smoked salmon slices, roughly torn
- 2 slices of White Country ‘True Loaf’ Sourdough bread, toasted and buttered
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Bring a large deep pan filled with water to the boil, add the vinegar, lower the heat, then carefully crack each egg into the pan, making sure they’re spaced apart. Cook gently for 3 minutes, then remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in another pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain, then slice the spears into 1.5cm pieces.
- Stir the asparagus and smoked salmon together, then lay on top of the toast slices. Top each with a poached egg and season with salt & pepper. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over. Sprinkle with some dill leaves for extra flavour.