Minium of 2 people. Price is per person.
This 3 hour in-person Sourdough workshop is perfect for 2 people or more, with Emily visiting you in your home kitchen. The workshop will take you through the whole process of baking you own Sourdough bread at home. Each participant will learn how to make their own White Country Sourdough loaf & a 100% rye bread tin loaf or Sourodugh bagels. You will learn everything from making and feeding your own starter to kneading, shaping and baking Sourdough bread right in the comforts of your own kitchen.
Participants will take some of their finished products & their Sourdough baking kits home so they can continue their baking journey.
The workshop will start with a quick intro to the theory behind the process and follow with some actual baking practice!
This class is perfect for ‘home bakers’ who don’t have any prior knowledge of bread baking.
Book a spot for you and your family, teammates or friends.
- Location: your home kitchen (Emily can currently only travel to NW, W, SW, as well as select N & E postcodes) – please get in touch with the team to find out if your postcode applies)
- Host: Emily Caron, founder of Good In Bread
- Length of class: 3 hours
- Availability (Monday through Saturday, exact timings to be discussed with the team): The team will be in touch shortly after you’ve placed your order to arrange the date & time for your workshop. The time and date will need to be agreed with Emily at least 2 weeks beforehand.
What’s included in this class:
- A basic Sourdough baking kit
- An introduction to Sourdough bread-making techniques
- An intro to making and maintaining your own starter
- A brief overview of Sourdough’s nutritional benefits
- Making and baking one Sourdough White Country Loaf & 1 Rye tin loaf in the workshop OR one Sourdough White Country & Bagels.
- ‘Ask me anything’ during & up to 1 week after the class has occurred
Enclosed in your basic Sourdough kit to take home:
- 60g rye starter
- Bread lame
- Dough scraper
- 1 proving basket + linen liner
Other ingredients / equipment you’ll need at home…
- Fine sea salt
- Electronic scale
- Tea towel or linen cloth
- Large jar or container with a lid
- Cast iron pot or hot oven stone
- Water spray (optional)
- Thermometer (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
Please inform us at least 48 hours in advance if the group aren’t able to attend the class and we will be able to re-arrange a class at a later date. We can only offer a 50% refund on cancellations of the entire order if you no longer are able to attend.
Specifics of the workshop:
The workshop is taught entirely in-person by Emily and limited to 6 participants.
The workshop costs £75 per person for the 3 hour workshop and includes a sourdough starter and instructions on how to make your own. You’ll take home everything you make and a goodie bag with all the items you’ll need to carry on your practice!
You will have a printed recipe handy throughout the duration of the class but a pen & notepad are still advised in case you have questions.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you won’t be too bothered to get covered in flour!
The class costs £75 for the 3 hours and you can book using our online calendar at checkout. Please allow at least 2 weeks after the date you have placed your order.
The team will be in touch to discuss the specifics with you after you’ve made your booking.
Any question unanswered? Please email us [email protected]
- We have a limited number of participants in the workshop.
- We encourage all participants to regularly wash and sanitise their hands throughout the workshop.
- Each participant will be assigned their own equipment to use on the day.