Our newest GIB team member and Sourdough enthusiast Jess shares her yummy Panzanella salad recipe using this week's leftover white country 'True Loaf', made with Mas Amadeo olive oil and Isle of Purbeck honey. Packed with vibrant colours, flavours, juices and crunch, it is the perfect healthy lunch or side dish and a great way to use up that days-old Sourdough bread!
Panzanella Salad (Serves 4)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 x large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 shallots (add to a bowl of water for 15 minutes if you like them more mild)
- 'True loaf' sourdough croutons
- Handful of roughly chopped basil
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, then pour the salt over them and set aside in a colander, whilst you make the croutons.
- The salt encourages the tomato juice to come out of the tomatoes whilst you continue to make the croutons, resulting in a juicier, yummier dressing!
- Once the juice has emptied into the bowl below the colander, toss in the roughly chopped tomatoes, finely chopped onions/shallots and basil.
- Make the salad dressing, then drizzle that over the top too.
Salad dressing ingredients:
- 1 cup Mas Amadeo olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Isle of purbeck pure honey
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Add to a spare jar and shake well!
- Leftover Sourdough - roughly chopped/torn, drizzled in olive oil, tossed in salt